The latest experiences with electrically powered tamping units prove that the future of tamping is electrifying! The economic and environmental benefits of electrification speak for themselves. Plasser & Theurer now offers the eco-retrofit kit, an upgrade from hydraulic work units to electric work units. This way, existing machines can benefit from its advantages.
Advantages of the electrically powered tamping unit
- Less fuel consumption thanks to reduced rotational speed of the drive engine during working mode and reduced power consumption while increasing total efficiency
- Higher efficiency thanks to improved response time of the electric motors
- Lower noise emissions thanks to lower idling speed
- Reduced wear thanks to higher rotational speed during penetration
- Heat development reduction of the entire system thanks to reduced hydraulics
- New opportunity for powering other components electrically (e.g. AC unit, heating system, ventilation unit, and measuring systems such as the Levelling and Alignment Laser/Curve Alignment Laser)