- Conventional lines
- Heavy haul
- Field of application
- Working mode
- Continuous action
- Machine with two single sleeper tamping units with the optimum tamping vibration frequency of 35 Hz and directional, linear oscillation
- Highly wear-resistant tungsten carbide tamping tines
- Combined lifting and lining unit with two roller lifting clamps and two lining rollers per rail
- Proportional levelling and lining system
- WIN-ALC automatic guiding computer
- Hydrostatic drive acting on both axles of the front bogie during transfer travel
- Hydrostatic working drive acting on the front bogie and the free-steering axle of the subframe
- Engine compartment temperature monitoring system
- Modular customizable
However, continuously working MULTI-sleeper tamping machines show their full potential not only in short track possessions during maintenance tamping. Machines in the X series also offer advantages when laying new track, for example, following extensive track rehabilitation. They are designed for high lifting and lining forces. As lifts take place in multiple work stages, this also means the machine’s increased output allows you to complete construction noticeably faster.
For quality reasons: MULTI-sleeper tamping units provide more uniform working action, which translates into higher maintenance quality. Owing to a longer frame, bending stress of the rails decreases. And the subframe bogie that fixes it in place prevents elastic rebound of the track after tamping, lining, and lifting.
Quality cuts costs: our machines turn a tidy profit
To date, Plasser & Theurer has supplied 17,000 machines. Most of them are still in operation. This attests to the quality of the machines and the value of our Customer Services’ life-long machine and fleet support. Plus, it proves that high quality ensures high cost-efficiency: machines that have been in operation for 20 or 30 years paid off years ago.