For retrofitting tamping machines, Plasser & Theurer offers the levelling and alignment laser for surveying work on straight sections of plain track. The CAL curve laser is available for work in curves and turnouts. Both systems consist of two components: the receiver camera, which is mounted on the tamping machine on a vertically and horizontally adjustable linear unit, and the laser front trolley with a manually adjustable laser. This laser allows the relative detection of long-wave track geometry defects. The ALC automatic guiding computer is used for the measuring run and recording the data.
- Carrying out modifications
- Functional test and commissioning
- Working sample
- Training and documentation
- No additional personnel required for measuring work
- Direct guiding through laser beam while working
- Surveying to determine correction data
- Determination of absolute track geometry in combination with fixed point measuring
- Fast setup times of laser system
A tamping machine fitted with this equipment can either be guided directly along the laser beam or used for the calculation of the correction values before tamping. Combined with fixed-point measurement, this system can also be used to calculate the accurate track geometry.
To ensure that the laser systems can be used on a tamping machine, some preconditions must be fulfilled. To enable us to check that, please contact us in advance.