Plasser & Theurer shapes the technological progress in track technology. This made the company stand out at iaf 2017. On about 1,000 m² of indoor exhibition grounds, the company focussed on a series of digital solutions:
- SmartCatalog: a new app that allows original spare parts to be found and inquired easily
- New offer: machine upgrades
- Latest systems: machine control and recording of measuring data
- Maintenance solutions based on ECM standards
- P&T Connected, the latest subsidiary established by Plasser & Theurer, participated in the trade fair for the first time. It prepares the data collected by PlasserDatamatic, enabling operators to benefit from it in the operation and maintenance of the machines.
On the outdoor exhibition grounds, Plasser & Theurer's technological lead was impressively put on show: 17 machines, coming straight from the factory, were shown here. In addition to classic machines such as the 09-3X Tamping Express or the sound-insulated 09-2X/SH track tamping machine for Japan, two machines with revolutionary E3 hybrid drive were particularly impressive: the Unimat 09-4x4/4S E3 and the HTW 100 E3. The new cabin design was met with great interest. The compact tamping machines on show, such as the Junior 08-16/4 tamping machine, stood out due to their simple but complete design.
Johann Dumser, responsible for the company's presentation in Münster said, "The feedback from the visitors has shown that Plasser & Theurer has been seen as a technological trendsetter at iaf 2017."